NHS England – Blossom Clinic
The Blossom clinic offers a community based holistic approach to non-pregnant women survivors of Female Genital Mutilation FGM(aged 18 and over)
The service is a one stop clinic providing emotional support, treatment and advice for women who have undergone and/or experiencing problems as a result of FGM.
The team includes specialist FGM midwives, mental health worker and advocate who will support you throughout.
The clinic offers a relaxed and safe environment for you and you can bring your friends or family with you for support. The clinic offers support for people who have physical and/or psychological health issues as a result of FGM.
Our aim is to improve the uptake of emotional support and to ensure that you have the support from another woman (the health advocate) to come forward and have medical examinations that could lead to helpful procedures for you.
- One to one initial support session
- Up to six sessions of follow on support
- Assessment and diagnosis
- Treatment if requested/needed
- Help accessing other services
- A safe place
- Confidential environment
- Trauma based approach
- Emotional and practical help
- Peer support
- Support attending appointments and dealing with professionals
- Building confidence and self esteem
- Community engagement to meet survivors and potential victims
- Cultural awareness
- Other languages spoken
Clinic on floor 1 – lift available
Available to women age 18 years and over
Clinic for non-pregnant women